Is there a free version of Splashtop?
Is there a free version of Splashtop? It is glad to tell you that Splashtop does have a free version for personal and non-commercial use on users' local home network called Splashtop Personal. This means users can access their home computer from the comfort of their couch or bedroom. But connecting from an outside network, for example, connecting to the work computer from home, is only allowed if you have made a subscription.
How to set up Splashtop Personal
If you want to use the Splashtop free version, you need to have Splashtop Personal App downloaded on the local computer and Splashtop Streamer downloaded on the remote computer.
Step 1. Download Splashtop Personal App on the local computer and download Splashtop Streamer on the remote computer from its official site. Choose the correct version according to your computer OS.
Step 2. Follow the guidance to install Splashtop Personal on both computers.
Step 3. Splashtop will ask you to log in to your account. If you already have an account, choose I ready have a Splashtop account. If not, choose I don't have a Splashtop account.
Step 4. Log in to your Splashtop account.
Note: If you can’t log in successfully, it may be because your device needs to be authenticated. Check your email box, and you may receive an authentication email. Follow the link in the email to authenticate the device.
Step 5. After logging in successfully, you'll see the device that has installed Splashtop Streamer. Click Connect; you can successfully connect to the remote device on your home network.
Bonus tip: Free remote desktop software to access computers from anywhere
Do you want a remote desktop tool that provides free services to connect from an outside network? If you do, we highly recommend you use AnyViewer. AnyViewer is free whether you are using it for personal or commercial purposes. It is the best Splashtop free alternative.
Besides, AnyViewerhas the following practical features:
▪ ✍Quick installation. AnyViewer is quite easy to set up and use.
▪ ✍Fast connection speed. AnyViewer provides users with fast and stable remote connections.
▪ ✍One-click for unattended remote access. AnyViewer allows users to remotely connect to an unattended remote computer.
▪ ✍Instant chat. AnyViewer allows users to chat via text during remote sessions.
▪ ✍File transfer support. AnyViewer allows users to transfer files between computers.
▪ ✍Operation shortcuts. AnyViewer provides a series of shortcuts of essential apps like Task Manager, CMD, This PC, etc.
▪ ✍Multi-sessions. AnyViewer supports controlling multiple computers at the same time.
▪ ✍Multi-monitor. AnyViewer supports multiple monitors and monitors switch.
▪ ✍Mobile support. AnyViewer Mibile supports both iOS and Android devices.
Step 1. Install and launch AnyViewer on both computers. Go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 2. Fill in the signup information and click Sign up to create an AnyViewer account.
Step 3. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you've logged in to.
Step 4. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two computers. Then you can achieve a one-click connection by clicking One-click control after going to Device and clicking the computer that you want to access.
- It is recommended to upgrade your account to a Professional or Enterprise plan. What can a professional or enterprise plan brings to you:
- More devices will be allowed to assign to the same account for unattended access.
- More connection channels for more devices to be able to start remote connection at the same time.
- One device can connect to more devices simultaneously.
- Black the remote PC screen and disable the remote keyboard & mouse click to protect privacy.
- Transfer 1TB files at 10 MB/s.
- Higher image qualities.
Is Splashtop free? Is there a free version of Splashtop? This post has uncovered that Splashtop has a free version called Splashtop Personal for non-commercial use on users' local home networks. If you want a remote desktop tool providing free services for commercial uses, try AnyViewer.