Multiple TeamViewer sessions on a single machine
I own a laptop running on Windows 10, equipped with the TeamViewer software. Kindly verify whether it is possible for multiple users to establish connections to my laptop simultaneously and engage in independent work on various applications. Which product is recommended to achieve this functionality? Thank you.”
- Question from TeamViewer Community
Can you start TeamViewer multiple remote sessions on the same computer?
Luckily, the answer is YES. For example, it is possible for two users to remote into a single device at one time. This means that having two people remote in at the same time is the same as two people sitting in front of the same computer. They will be sharing the device.
However, it's important to note that the actions of one user may affect the actions of the other, so it's best to communicate and coordinate with the other user before starting to use TeamViewer.
How many concurrent remote sessions can be started simultaneously?
What is the TeamViewer maximum number of concurrent sessions? The number of multiple remote sessions that users can start via TeamViewer depends on the specific license they have and the connection channels the specific license provides. One connection channel means only one user can start a remote session, two connection channels mean two users can start remote sessions concurrently, and so on. Let’s see TeamViewer multiple sessions at a time channels.
- The free version of TeamViewer allows for one simultaneous remote session, meaning you can connect to only one remote computer at a time.
- The TeamViewer Remote Access license provides one connection channel and three concurrent sessions, meaning only one person can start remote sessions and can connect to three remote computers.
- The TeamViewer Business license provides one connection channel and three concurrent sessions, the same as the Remote Access license.
- The TeamViewer Premium provides one connection channel and ten concurrent sessions, meaning only one person can start remote sessions and he can connect to ten remote computers.
- The TeamViewer Corporate provides three connection channels and fifteen concurrent sessions, meaning only one person can start remote sessions and he can connect to fifteen remote computers.
So, if two or three users want to start TeamViewer multiple remote sessions on the same computer, they’ll need a Corporate license.
AnyViewer: Best TeamViewer alternative supports multiple remote sessions
AnyViewer is a cost-free software designed for remote access and remote support purposes. It provides remote control services for Windows, iOS, and Android users. If you are looking for a way to start multiple remote sessions, AnyViewer is the best TeamViewer alternative for concurrent sessions. Let’s list the AnyViewer licenses for concurrent sessions.
So, if two users want to start concurrent remote sessions on the same computer, they can use either the Free or Professional license. If three to ten users want to start concurrent remote sessions on the same computer, they’ll need an Enterprise license. Compared to TeamViewer, the prices of AnyViewer paid licenses are much more affordable.
Step 1. Download, install, and launch AnyViewer on both computers. On the Controller computer, go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 2. Fill in the signup information.
Step 3. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you’ve logged in to.
Step 4. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two devices, and then you can achieve a direct connection by clicking One-click control to achieve unattended remote access.
Step 5. After connecting successfully, you’ll see the remote desktop. Repeat the same steps, and you can start the second remote session.
The bottom line
This post primarily answers how many TeamViewer multiple remote sessions can be started on the same computer and what license you may need to do so. For most users, the prices of TeamViewer licenses are way out of their budget. Therefore, we introduce AnyViewer, a remote desktop software that supports multiple remote sessions at an affordable price. Try this cost-effective tool right now.