"I need a free TeamViewer alternative"
I have been using TeamViewer for remote control for a long time, but recently I found that more and more its functions can’t be used unless you pay for them. It’s really costly. So I want to find a TeamViewer alternative free. Is there any good recommendation?”
- Question from Quora
When you are using TeamViewer, do you also encounter this problem? This post introduces you to the basic operation steps of TeamViewer and the best free alternative to TeamViewer.
TeamViewer is an application that can be used for remote control in the background of any firewall and NAT agent. It has functions such as remote control, file transfer, unattended remote access. It can be applied to multiple operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, Chrome OS, iOS, and iPadOS.
- Connect both the client computer (the controller computer) and the host computer (the controlled computer) to the Internet.
- Download and install TeamViewer on the client and host computers respectively.
Step 1. Select the purpose (commercial or personal) for downloading this software during installation. Here, take the free version of individual users as an example.
Step 2. Run TeamViewer on both computers. Select Login in the main interface. You need to create your own TeamViewer account for the first time. Click Next to complete account registration (you also need to verify the account before use).
Step 3. Click Remote Control on the left side of the TeamViewer main interface on the client computer, enter the ID of the host computer under Partner ID, and click Connect.
Step 4. Enter the password of the host computer in the TeamViewer Authentication window to realize the remote control.
Why do you need TeamViewer alternative?
However, people may need TeamViewer alternative for the following reasons:
- Log-in limitation. It only allows two devices to log in to the same account at once. Otherwise, you need to re-register.
- Connection number limitation. It only allows up to five devices to be connected at once. Otherwise, the system will automatically judge the user as a commercial user, and will only give him a seven-day trial period.
- Free version limitation. Its free version has limited features, for example, the app lags so much despite having a great internet connection.
When you are facing these problems, you might as well try a TeamViewer alternative free to achieve better remote control.
Free TeamViewer alternative: AnyViewer
AnyViewer is a free remote control software for Windows, no matter whether you are using it for personal use or commercial use. It is comprehensive remote access, remote control, and remote support solution that allows you to remotely access and control computers from anywhere. It is the best TeamViewer alternative for the following reasons:
- Professional. It is professional software for Windows, supporting multiple Windows versions, including Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012 R2.
- Flexible connection methods. You can ask for remote control by sending a control request or achieve an unattended remote connection by inputting a security code.
- Security. It is secured by Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) encryption, protecting your data from leakage during the whole remote session.
- Fast connection. It is developed by a strong technical team, providing you fast remote connection with high image quality.
- Easy to use. It has an intuitive and concise interface, you can easily get started with it.
- Free. Its free version has various additional functions. The connection speed is fast as well.
- Efficient. It provides various practical features, like file transfer, quick operation, screen share, and multiple monitors, to help increase the remote work efficiency.
How to use AnyViewer
- Connect the client computer (the controller computer) and the host computer (the controlled computer) to the Internet.
- Download and install AnyViewer on the client computer and the host computer respectively.
Option 1. For unattended remote access with one-click
You can log in to the same account on both devices to achieve unattended remote access with one click.
Step 1. Launch AnyViewer on both computers. Go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 2. Fill in the signup information.
Step 3. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you've logged in to.
Step 4. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two devices, then click One-click control to achieve unattended remote access.
- You can also upgrade your account to a Professional or Enterprise plan to enjoy more rights:
- Faster file transfer speed. Transfer speed for a free account is 500 KB/s, and for a paid account is up to 10 MB/s.
- Increasing number of files transferred in a single time.
- Larger size of a single file that can be transferred.
- More devices can be assigned to the same account for unattended remote access.
- More Currently connected devices are displayed for chekcing connection history.
- Connect in privacy mode to protect privacy.
- Initial more concurrent connections to one computer.
Option 2. Two more connection methods of AnyViewer
If you do not want to log in to the same account on the two devices for any reason, we also provide you with other two connection methods. But you should note that you're unable to transfer files between computers using these two connection methods, as this is a function for logged-in users.
Step 1. On the host computer, click on Setting and then Recipient. Tick the third option. Then set the security code you want in the box. Then click OK to finish the set-up process.
Step 2. On the client computer, enter the device ID of the host computer. After entering the device ID, you’ll be given two connection methods.
Connection method 1: You can send a control request; then the host computer will receive a pop-up request. People sitting in front of the host computer could either allow it or deny it.
Connection method 2: You could also input a security code of your home PC to achieve remote assistance directly. You can either input a permanent security code or a temporary security code.
AnyViewer can also provide users with some practical functions for remote control after a successful connection. Such as lock, logout, restart, Command Prompt (CMD), etc.
Users can choose image quality according to the network connection speed. If the network connection speed is better, it can provide a higher image quality. The default wallpaper hiding function makes the remote connection smoother.
AnyViewer also provides users with different resolutions. Users can choose according to their preferences.
This post introduces the remote control software TeamViewer and its alternative AnyViewer. Anyviewer is free and much more convenient compared to TeamViewer. Besides AnyViewer, we’ve also made a comparison of RemotePC vs TeamViewer before. The results showed that both RemotePC and TeamViewer have lots of limitations.