Why control your home PC remotely?
We always restore all our important files and photos on our home PC. But sometimes, you may need to access these files and photos from another location. For example, when you need to edit a file stored on your home PC from work, or you want to show your classmates the photos stored on your home PC from school.
These won’t be problems anymore if you know how to remote control home PC from work or anywhere else. That’s where remote access software comes in. Remote access software allows you to fully control your home PC remotely. You’ll feel like you are actually sitting in front of the real machine from afar. Of course, remote access software could also allow you to remote into your work pc from home. In other words, you could remote into a PC located anywhere.
The simplest option for remote control home PC: AnyViewer
Back in the dark ages of computing, remote control technology is not that common and popular. But nowadays, with more and more remote control software pouring into the market, our demand for this kind of software as customers has also changed greatly. Customers not only want the software to be free, fast, stable, and safe but also need the software to be simple to operate.
By far the simplest option for remote control home PC which at the same time meets all the above-mentioned features is AnyViewer. Next, you’ll get to know what can AnyViewer do and how to use AnyViewer.
What can AnyViewer do?
AnyViewer is a free remote access solution that allows you to remote access your home PC from anywhere. You can choose it for the following reasons:
- It is easy to set up. You only need a few steps to prepare your AnyViewer for remote control. No more tedious setup process anymore.
- It provides you with unattended remote access to your work computer, you can connect to your computer even if there's no one sitting in front of it.
- It supports you to control one or multiple PCs at once from the client computer, making it easy to offer technical support to your customers.
- It is developed by a strong technical team, providing you with a stable and fast connection.
- It is secured by Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) encryption, protecting your data from leakage during a remote connection.
- It is a professional remote control software for Windows. It supports Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012 R2.
- It is totally free.
How to take remote control of home PC over AnyViewer
As mentioned above, it is very simple to remotely control home PC over AnyViewer. Just follow the steps listed below.
Step 1. Download, install and launch AnyViewer on both computers. Go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 2. Fill in the signup information.
Step 3. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you've logged in to.
Step 4. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two devices, then click One-click control to achieve unattended remote access.
- You can assign more devices to the same account and achieve a one-click connection to more computers.
- You can connect to another computer in privacy mode, which means you can black the screen and block the mouse and keyboard of the remote computer to protect your privacy.
Other remote control software for remote control home PC
Of course, there are other options to control home PC remotely, such as the built-in Remote Desktop. It's one of the most popular free Windows remote control programs. However, the disadvantages are obvious.
On the one hand, it’s only included in certain versions of Windows, like Pro, Business, or Ultimate version. Windows 7 Starter Edition, Windows 7 Home Edition, Windows 8 Home Edition, Windows 8.1 Home Edition, and Windows 10 Home Edition do not support Remote Desktop. On the other hand, if the two computers are under different networks, the technical challenge will increase since port forwarding is required across various networks.
Chrome Remote Desktop also supports Windows. It is developed by Google and exists as a Google Chrome extension. Chrome Remote Desktop is less complicated in operation compared to RDP and can be well adapted to different network environments. But its shortcomings are also obvious.
On the one hand, you need to download the Chrome browser, which is not friendly for non-Google users. On the other hand, the automatically generated access code will expire only in 5 minutes, making it more difficult for you to complete remote control if you are a novice user.
In conclusion, AnyViewer is the easiest solution for remote control home PC when compared to the other two remote control software described in this post. AnyViewer will not disappoint you if you seek a free yet robust remote control program.