Can files be transferred in Quick Assist?
I am running Quick Assist to help a colleague with computer problems (in the same LAN). The tool running fine except for one important thing copy and paste don't work. I clear my clipboard, etc. But there’s no effect. Can Quick Assist transfer files? If it can, may I use the copy-paste function through the Quick Assist program?"
- Question from Microsoft Community
Unfortunately, the answer is NO. It is impossible to use Quick Assist to transfer files. Quick Assist, despite its popularity as a Windows built-in remote support feature, does not support file transfers. While it serves well for remote assistance, it lacks this essential function. If you require file transfers, you may consider using a Quick Assist alternative for file transfer.
How to share text contents with Quick Assist (not files)
Although Microsoft Quick Assist file transfer is impossible, you can share text contents in a Quick Assist session. There’s a chat window within Quick Assist, you can share messages or file links. The prerequisite is that the content of your file must be text in words. Below is the concrete operation to share messages or file links with Quick Assist.
Step 1. On your computer, search “Quick Assist” in the search box and open it. If you are the one who assists, choose Assist another person under Give assistance.
Step 2. Enter the email or phone number, click Next, input the password, and click Sign in. Then you will get a security code valid for 10 minutes.
Step 3. For the one who gets assistance, enter the security code in the main interface of Quick Assist, and click Share Screen.
Step 4. Choose Full Control or View Screen, and then click Continue. On the remote PC, click Allow.
Step 5. Now, the computer interface of the person providing help is like the picture below.
Step 6. At the top of the interface, the one who offers help can see a row of options. Choose the fourth one “Toggle Instruction Channel”.
Step 7. Now, you can send and receive messages or file links.
Note: Quick Assist is devoid of the function to transfer files, and the chat window also gets cleared with every message that is sent, which is extremely troublesome.
Bonus tip: Best Quick Assist alternative for file transfer
If you're in search of a quick and user-friendly alternative to Quick Assist that facilitates file transfer between two Windows computers, AnyViewer stands out as an optimal choice. Serving as the best free remote file transfer software, AnyViewer enables seamless remote access to a PC, allowing for swift and efficient file transfers, even when dealing with transferring large files over the internet.
Moreover, AnyViewer extends its utility beyond file transfers, serving as an excellent remote support software with several key advantages:
- Versatile Device Support: AnyViewer allows support provision from various devices, including computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Speedy Connections: The platform ensures swift connections with low latency, thanks to a high-performance engine.
- Secure Sessions: Robust encryption features, including ECC end-to-end encryption and Two-factor Authentication, guarantee the security of all remote support sessions.
- Convenient Shortcuts: Users benefit from easy-to-access shortcuts for practical operations such as lock, restart, task manager, and CMD, streamlining the remote support process.
The transfer speed and easy operation would give you a big surprise. Try this Quick Assist Windows 10 and 11 file transfer alternative right now.
Step 1. Download, install, and launchAnyViewer on both Windows computers.
Step 2. On the Controller computer, go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 3. Fill in the signup information.
Step 4. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you’ve logged in to.
Step 5. Choose your target computer, and then click File transfer.
Step 6. Then a File Transfer dialog box will appear. You can choose files and click the arrows to transfer files between the Local Device and the Remote Device.
- It is highly recommended to upgrade your account to a professional or enterprise plan. Here is what a professional or enterprise plan can bring to you:
- Faster file transfer speed. Transfer speed for a free account is 500 KB/s, and for a paid account is up to 10 MB/s.
- More files are being transferred simultaneously. For a free account, 100 files can be transferred at a time; for a paid account, this number is unlimited.
- Larger size of a single file transferred. The maximum size of a single file that can be transferred for the free account is 100 MB, and for a paid account is 1 TB.
While it is impossible to perform Quick Assist transfer files, we highly recommend you use AnyViewer. AnyViewer is more than a file transfer tool but is also a remote control tool. With it, you can remotely access another computer with ease.