Overview: Zoho Assist vs.TeamViewer
In today's digital era, remote access software has become an indispensable tool for individuals and organizations alike. For those who need to manage and access computers located remotely, there are numerous options available in the market, offering different features tailored to various needs. The top two options are Zoho Assist vs. TeamViewer.
What is Zoho Assist?
Zoho Assist, offered by the renowned cloud software company Zoho, is a comprehensive solution allowing easy on-demand remote support for businesses to serve their customers efficiently. It is a cloud-based platform, eliminating the need for installation, and offers a 14-day free trial. Afterward, Zoho Assist provides various pricing options to cater to the individual needs of businesses.
What is TeamViewer?
On the other hand, TeamViewer is a complete remote desktop solution that enables full access to any computer on which it is installed. Personal and non-commercial users can avail themselves of the software for free, while corporate users have the option of a free trial to assess its suitability. TeamViewer supports all mainstream operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, making it a flexible and versatile choice.
Comparison of Zoho Assist vs.TeamViewer
In this article, we will delve into a detailed comparison between TeamViewer vs. Zoho Assist, two popular remote access tools, to help you make an informed decision according to your specific requirements.
What are the features provided by TeamViewer and Zoho Assist?
Zoho Assist boasts various features designed to enhance remote support and customer service. It incorporates voice and video chat capabilities, allowing for seamless communication between support personnel and customers. This facilitates better assistance and troubleshooting. Additionally, Zoho Assist supports multi-screen functionality, enabling technicians to manage multiple screens during a session efficiently. Session recording is another valuable feature, enabling the logging of all session activities for training purposes and historical client/support communications.
With its cross-platform support, TeamViewer offers a robust and flexible solution for remote desktop needs. It can be conveniently run on Android or iOS mobile devices, as well as from removable USB storage devices, resulting in unparalleled portability. This feature makes TeamViewer stand out among other applications.
TeamViewer finds common use in shared presentations, product demonstrations, virtual training, and the sharing of training material. Moreover, it is an ideal choice for remote support scenarios where end users are reluctant to install additional software on their machines. By simply running the application and providing the other party with their ID and password, the support team can gain immediate access to the remote computer, investigate the problem, and provide a swift resolution.
Both Zoho Assist and TeamViewer support a wide range of operating systems, ensuring compatibility with various platforms. The following table illustrates the operating systems supported by Zoho Assist and TeamViewer:
When considering remote access solutions, it is crucial to take pricing into account. Both Zoho Assist and TeamViewer offer various pricing options, and by comparing them, you can find the best fit for your budget and requirements.
Zoho Assist provides a range of pricing options to cater to different needs and budgets. These include:
- Free version: This option supports five unattended PCs and one remote technician. It offers many features, including instant chat, clipboard sharing, user management, multi-monitor navigation, two-factor authentication, and support for multiple operating systems.
- Remote Support - Standard: This plan costs $10 per month per technician when billed annually (or $12 monthly) and includes features such as remote screen blanking, file transfer, session transfer, integrations with popular helpdesk platforms, and more.
- Remote Support - Professional: The Professional plan costs $15 per technician per month when billed annually (or $18 monthly) and encompasses additional features like session scheduling, screen sharing, support for mobile and IoT devices, advanced reporting, and personalized email templates.
- Remote Support - Enterprise: The Enterprise plan costs $24 per technician per month when billed annually (or $28 monthly) and offers premium features such as video chat, session recording, service queue, extra cloud storage, and department organization.
- Unattended Access - Standard: This package costs $10 per month when billed annually (or $12 monthly) and allows access to 25 computers. It includes features like computer grouping, bulk deployment, Wake on LAN, remote power, and more.
- Unattended Access - Professional: The Professional plan, priced at $15 per technician per month when billed annually (or $18 monthly), includes additional features such as advanced reports, personalized email templates, departmental organization, and session recording.
TeamViewer offers a free version for personal use. Additionally, it provides a 14-day free trial to assess its suitability for corporate users. The pricing options for TeamViewer are as follows:
- TeamViewer Remote Access: This plan costs $24.90 monthly for 1 license.
- TeamViewer Business: The Business plan comes at a price of $50.90 per month for 1 license.
- TeamViewer Premium: With a cost of $112.90 per month, the Premium plan covers up to 15 licenses.
- TeamViewer Corporate: This plan, priced at $229.90 per month, supports up to 30 licenses.
What security measures do Zoho Assist and TeamViewer employ?
To ensure secure and encrypted communications, Zoho Assist employs Two Factor Authentication (2FA) methods such as OTP and SMS. It utilizes SSL and AES 256-bit encryption, providing a safe environment for remote access. As a cloud-based solution, there is no need to download any software, and regular updates are taken care of by Zoho Assist. Furthermore, it is firewall-friendly and can be configured easily for a seamless workflow.
TeamViewer offers some of the best security measures on the market:
- Data centers and backbone. TeamViewer's servers are located within cutting-edge data centers, meeting the rigorous ISO 27001 compliance standards. These facilities utilize multiple redundant carrier connections and redundant power supplies to ensure optimal reliability and performance.
- Secure connections. All traffic is secured using RSA 4096 public/private key exchange and AES 256-bit session encryption.
- Password authentication. TeamViewer employs the Secure Remote Password (SRP) protocol version 6, which guarantees that no password equivalent data is exchanged during the authentication process for TeamViewer passwords.
- Brute-force protection. To enhance security and safeguard connections, TeamViewer implements robust protocols against brute-force attacks. These protocols incorporate an exponentially increasing waiting period between consecutive failed password attempts. This measure effectively ensures the safety and privacy of the connections.
Pros and Cons
To provide a comprehensive view, let's explore the pros and cons of both Zoho Assist and TeamViewer:
- Affordability: Zoho Assist offers pay-as-you-go payment options and affordable plans.
- White labeling: The ability to customize the software with your own branding.
- Multiple client access: Allows for serving multiple clients simultaneously.
- Limited free plan options: The free plan has certain limitations.
- Features are uncommon across all plans: No single plan covers all available features.
- Maximum limit on the number of computers: The premium package has a maximum limit of 25 computers.
- Free version available for personal use: Ideal for individual users who require remote access.
- User-friendly interface: Easy to navigate and use.
- Fast connection speeds: Ensures smooth remote access experience.
- Higher price compared to other software on the market: Some users may find it relatively expensive.
- File transfer for larger files can be slow: Transfer speeds may vary when dealing with large file sizes.
- Phone support available only on weekdays: Limited availability for phone support.
Bonus tip: Best free Zoho Assist and TeamViewer alternative
In addition to Zoho Assist and TeamViewer, it is essential to consider AnyViewer as a free alternative solution. AnyViewer offers numerous advantages over Zoho Assist and TeamViewer, making it a strong remote access solution contender in the market. Its features include superior performance, secure connections, file transfer efficiency, seamless mobile access, and a user-friendly interface. With these features, AnyViewer is the top choice for users seeking a Zoho Assist and TeamViewer alternative.
Here’s a detailed comparison of the free versions of AnyViewer, Zoho Assist, and TeamViewer.
Step 1. Start AnyViewer on the host. Click Sign up for registration.
Step 2. Enter the information to complete Sign up.
Step 3. Start AnyViewer on the client device. Log in to the account you registered before, and the device will automatically assign when you log in.
Step 4. Click Device, choose the computer you want to take control of and click One-click control to perform unattended remote access.
- Notes:✎... AnyViewer also has cost-effective plans for business purposes. You can upgrade to a Professional or Enterprise plan to enjoy more rights!
- Increased concurrent connection channels, allowing for a greater number of simultaneous connections.
- Expanded device assignment options, giving you more flexibility in managing and accessing your devices.
- Privacy mode for secure connections, ensuring the protection of your data and privacy.
- Enjoy the optimal performance with high-quality image rendering for a seamless remote access experience.
The bottom line
When it comes to selecting the most suitable remote access solution, price and features are key factors to consider. Zoho Assist vs. TeamViewer offers unique advantages, making them suitable for different scenarios.
In addition to Zoho Assist and TeamViewer, you can consider AnyViewer as a free alternative solution. AnyViewer provides more features than Zoho Assist and TeamViewer. Try it right now.