Overview: GoToAssist vs.TeamViewer
GoToAssist and TeamViewer are both remote support software that can be used for IT management and remote support. How much do you know about GoToAssistand TeamViewer before making a choice?
What is GoToAssist?
GoTo Resolve aims to provide an all-in-one IT management and support software built for today's small-to-medium-sized businesses. It makes it easy for IT professionals to streamline their help desk by centralizing all the resources they need and providing them with access to them when needed. It blends remote monitoring and management with remote access and assistance, conversational ticketing, and zero trust architecture into a single platform.
What is TeamViewer?
TeamViewer offers software for remote management as well as online collaboration. Users can utilize TeamViewer to access fully integrated online conference solutions for audio and video collaboration, as well as interactive screen sharing and remote access features. While other systems give similar capabilities, TeamViewer delivers a compelling and highly accessible solution, whether you are managing a massive IT infrastructure or servicing a neighbor’s computer, and is popular among individual users as well as major organizations.
Comparison of GoToAssist vs.TeamViewer
GoToAssist vs.TeamViewer, which should you choose? Here’s a detailed comparison of GoToAssist and TeamViewer.
What are the requirements for the device operating system of GoToAssistand TeamViewer?
GoTo Resolve supports Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
TeamViewer leaves the competition behind, covering the highest combined total of 127 manufacturers for mobile devices, operating systems, and embedded devices on the market today. It supports Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome OS, and BlackBerry OS.
What are the pricing plans of GoToAssistand TeamViewer?
- GoTo Resolve Free is free for device monitoring and behind-the-scenes troubleshooting.
- GoTo Resolve Standard, priced at $57 per month (billed annually), is ideal for growing teams that need universal remote access, monitoring, and automation.
- GoTo Resolve Premium is ideal for established teams wanting to deploy true RMM and proactive IT management and support. You need to contact sales for customs.
- GoTo Resolve Remote Support, starting at $40 per month (billed annually), is ideal for teams focusing on ad-hoc remote sessions and ticketing.
- TeamViewer is free for private use to help friends solve their computer issues.
- TeamViewer Remote Access for Single Users is priced at $24.90 per month (billed annually), allowing for 1 licensed user and 1 concurrent session.
- TeamViewer Business for Single Users is priced at $50.90 per month (billed annually), allowing for 1 licensed user and 1 concurrent session.
- TeamViewer Premium for Teams is priced at $102.90 per month (billed annually), allowing for 15 licensed users and 1 concurrent session.
- TeamViewer Corporate for Teams is priced at $206.90 per month (billed annually), allowing for 30 licensed users and 3 concurrent sessions.
- TeamViewer Tensor for Enterprise provides fully customized licenses and additional features for Enterprises. You can contact sales for more information.
Here’s a feature comparison of GoTo Resolve Standard and TeamViewer Business for Single Users, billed at similar prices.
As the use of remote work grows, so do cyber threats and data breaches. Let’s take a look at TeamViewer vs. GoToAssist security.
GoTo Resolve helps keep your data safe with an industry-leading security model:
- Banking-grade encryption. GoTo Resolveemploysthe same zero trust security levels trusted by banking institutions. Your data stays secure with government-approved 256-bit AES and SSL.
- Single sign-on (SSO) and Active Directory (AD). Agents can use SSO to sign in using the same user identity used for other business applications. AD, which enables SSO and user synchronization, makes it easy to secure logins and enable and disable technicians as needed.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA). MFA adds a level of access control security that makes credential attacks extremely difficult.
TeamViewer offers some of the best security measures on the market:
- Data centers and backbone. All TeamViewer servers are housed in state-of-the-art data centers compliant with ISO 27001 and leverage multi-redundant carrier connections and redundant power supplies.
- Secure connections. All traffic is secured using RSA 4096 public/private key exchange and AES 256-bit session encryption.
- Password authentication. Using the Secure Remote Password (SRP) protocol version 6, no equivalent password data is shared during the TeamViewer password authentication process.
- Brute-force protection. TeamViewer has brute-force attack security protocols by exponentially increasing the wait time between failed password attempts to keep connections safe and private.
Bonus tip: Best free remote support software - AnyViewer
What is the better alternative to TeamViewer and GoTo Resolve? AnyViewer is a free remote support software. It offers users a completely free service. Besides, its free plan has more features than GoTo Resolve and TeamViewer. Let’s take a look.
Note: AnyViewer also has professional or enterprise plans for large corporations with more reasonable prices. You'll enjoy privacy mode, faster file transfer, MSI, etc. Besides, you can also choose to pay monthly.
Step 1. Download, install, and launch AnyViewer on both computers. On the Controller computer, go to Log in, then click Sign up (if you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly).
Step 2. Fill in the signup information.
Step 3. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you’ve logged in to.
Step 4. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two devices; then you can achieve a direct connection by clicking One-click control.
Step 5. After connecting successfully, you’ll see the remote desktop.
The bottom line
This post primarily compares GoToAssist vs.TeamViewer. It also introduces AnyViewer, a free remote support tool. It is the best free GoTo Resolveand TeamViewer alternative, for it has many impressive features over GoTo Resolveand TeamViewer. Besides, its paid versions are much more cost-effective than GoTo Resolve and TeamViewer.Download it and try it right now.