Can TeamViewer be used to transfer files?
I download TeamViewer, a remote access software, but I'm not sure how to utilize it. Does anyone have any instructions for using TeamViewer's remote control? Besides, can TeamViewer be used to transfer files?”
- Question from a user
TeamViewer remote control VS file transfer
The remote access software named TeamViewer can be used for remote control, file sharing, unattended remote access, etc. In this post, we'll explain how to perform TeamViewer remote control VS file transfer.
How to perform TeamViewer remote control
Download TeamViewer on the website and then follow the next steps to start the remote control.
Step 1. Install and run TeamViewer on both computers. Go to the Computers & Contacts interface and select Sign up to create your own TeamViewer account.
Step 2. Fill in the information and click Next.
Step 3. On the client PC, go to the Remote Control interface, enter the ID of the host computer under Partner ID and then click Connect.
Step 4. In the pop-up window, type in the password of the host PC to establish remote control.
When the connection has been established successfully, now you can control the host PC remotely.
How to transfer files between PCs using TeamViewer
How does TeamViewer file transfer work? You can transfer files with TeamViewer in the following two ways.
Way 1. Transfer files in a remote session via TeamViewer
When your PCs are connected successfully by the similar steps above, then you can click Files & Extras >Open file transfer to transfer files via TeamViewer.
Way 2. Transfer files by file transfer mode with TeamViewer
TeamViewer offers a file transfer mode that allows you to transfer files between PCs without taking control of another’s screen.
Step 1. On the client PC, go to the Remote Control interface, click Remote Control tab and then select File transfer mode in the drop-down menu.
Step 2. Enter the ID of the PC you want to perform file transfer and then click Connect.
Step 3. Type in the password of the host PC in the pop-up window and click Log On.
Step 4. On the left is the local computer and on the right presents the remote computer. For example, if you want to transfer files from remote to local, choose the address you want to store the files, select the target files on the remote computer and then click Receive, or vice versa.
Pros and cons of TeamViewer
Based on user feedback and reviews, here are the common pros and cons of Teamviewer remote control VS file transfer you should know about.
- It’s easy to set up and use.
- It offers a free version for individual users.
- It supports remote access to computers over the internet.
- It allows access to sleeping/powered-off computers.
- For Windows, it supports drag and drop files directly in a remote session.
- The price of TeamViewer is not justified for the functionalities it offers.
- The connection is unstable, which is inconvenient for users to manage the remote PC.
- It doesn’t allow single file transfer larger than 4 GB.
- It has a slow transfer process, for example, many users complain that the transfer speed is as low as 120kb/s, particularly while sharing multiple files.
- It is compatible with fewer data types.
- Its interface seems quite outdated.
AnyViewer: free TeamViewer alternative with file transfer
Due to the limitations listed above, you may wonder if there is a better TeamViewer alternative. Here we recommend you a professional remote access software AnyViewer, which is highly appreciated for the following advantages:
- Easy-to-use. It is easy to set up the remote control and transfer data without limitations. For example, if you’ve logged into the same account, you can transfer large files from remote desktop to local directly.
- Fast& Stable. It has a fast file transfer speed and it provides you stable remote connection with high image quality.
- Compatible. It supports several Windows versions, for example, it’s available on Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and Windows Server OS.
- Efficient. It ensures you a stable connection supported by a strong technical team.
- Multi-function. In addition to file transfer, you can also use AnyViewer to get unattended remote access to desktops, laptops, or servers without complicated settings, then you can share a screen, play computer games, or manage another computer remotely whenever you want.
- User-friendly. It offers a chat box for text communication and it won’t lock the PC during connection.
- Secure. It is secured by Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) encryption, preventing your data loss during the whole remote session.
- iOS supported. AnyViewer also supports iOS devices. You can remotely access Windows PC from iPhone or iPad.
Part 1. Sign up for AnyViewer
Proceed with the subsequent steps after downloading and installing to register for AnyViewer.
Step 1. On the host PC, go to Log in interface and then click Sign up (log in directly if you have already signed up).
Step 2. Fill in the sign up information.
Step 3. When you successfully logged in to AnyViewer, your devices are automatically assigned to the account you’ve logged in to.
Part 2. Transfer files via AnyViewer [2 ways]
After logging in to AnyViewer on the host PC, here are two ways for you to transfer files via AnyViewer.
Way 1. Transfer files with the same AnyViewer account
You are recommended to use this method which is more convenient and efficient when you need to transfer files from remote desktop to local frequently on your computers. Before operations, ensure your devices are logged in to the same account.
On the client PC, go to Device interface to choose the target device you want to achieve file transfer, and then click File transfer.
Way 2. Transfer files with the partner ID
When you need to transfer files to someone you don’t trust enough, we suppose you to use this method to transfer files without logging into the same Anyviewer account on the other device to secure your data.
Step 1. On the client PC, type in the ID of the host PC and tick File transfer mode, and then click Connect.
Step 2. A Connection Request appears to ask you whether to Send a request to your partner or Input security code. Choose the way according to your need and then you are allowed to transfer files between the devices.
No matter which option you choose, a File Transfer dialog box will appear. The host PC is displayed there on the left of the box, while the client PC is displayed there on the right. To send the selected files to the client PC, click the right arrow after selecting the files you wish to send. To transfer files to the host PC, select the files and click the left arrow on the opposite side.
The transfer status is at the bottom of the box. Right-click to pause or remove the tasks.
- AnyViewer file transfer support for a single file smaller than 100 MB for the free account, and you can transfer no more than 100 files per time. Upgrade to a Professional or Enterprise plan to transfer larger files. Then you'll have the following rights:
- Transfer multiple files at once. You can get more details on the AnyViewer pricing website.
- Speedier file transfer speed. Transfer speed for a free account is 500 KB/s, and for a paid account is up to 10 MB/s.
- Assign more devices to the same account to achieve direct file transfer.
- Connect to distant computers in privacy mode so that you can disable the remote device’s keyboard and mouse and completely black out its screen.
How to perform TeamViewer remote control VS file transfer? Hope this post can help you. When you use TeamViewer you may find some drawbacks to this application, for example, the connection is unstable, and the file transfer speed is rather slow. Therefore, if you want to have a better experience, AnyViewer could be the ideal option for you.