pcAnywhere connection over the Internet
I am attempting to make a pcAnywhere connection over the internet to a pcAnywhere host behind an SMC broadband router assigned a static IP address. The host is waiting, but I am not able to connect. I confirmed that the remote is using the standard pcAnywhere ports. What should I do? Is port forward pcAnywhere still available?”
- Question from Westone
Are you experiencing the same problem and looking for a solution? This article will answer this question.
Is port forward pcAnywhere still available?
Symantec pcAnywhere is a professional program for remote access to another computer. You can connect to another computer and work on it as if you were there. You can use network resources, run programs that you have the right to start and view and edit files.
However, Symantec announced in May 2014 that pcAnywhere was being discontinued. Since then, pcAnywhere is no longer available. The final version of Symantec pcAnywhere is version 12.6.65 / 2012.
So, is there any other way to solve related issues now? Don't worry, this article will provide a free and perfect alternative solution.
AnyViewer: Best free pcAnywhere alternative for remote connection without port forwarding
Port forward pcAnywhere is no longer worth using. But you can choose an alternative to pcAnywhere without port forwarding. And AnyViewer will be your best choice.
Why do you need a pcAnywhere alternative?
pcAnywhere has its unavoidable drawbacks:
- When using pcAnywhere for remote access or control of a PC, both devices must be on the same network as the remote desktop.
- The pcAnywhere installation procedure remains the same as before. Officially, you must purchase the pcAnywhere installation CD to obtain the installer and manually install the software. Of course, you can now find direct download links from the web, but none of these are officially accepted and you need to be aware of the dangers involved.
- Most importantly, pcAnywhere is no longer in production and use.
What sets AnyViewer out?
Many programs on the market are feature-rich but expensive, while others are free to use but have few features. Luckily, there is a professional remote desktop tool AnyViewer. It allows you to use many features for free, including:
- Unattended remote access. You can remotely access and control the device through AnyViewer, even without anyone sitting in front of it.
- Large file transfers. You can transfer files during remote access. You can transfer up to 100 files simultaneously. At the same time, drag-and-drop functionality is also supported.
- Viewing and controlling multiple monitors. You can use your computer to control two devices and view the screens of both devices at the same time without having to keep switching back and forth between devices.
- Locking/restarting/shutting down remotely. With AnyViewer you can lock, shut down, and reboot your remote computer as if you were sitting in front of it.
- Chatting. AnyViewer also supports live text chat, allowing users to collaborate and help in real-time. You can communicate in a timely manner to do your task more quickly and properly.
And unlike others, AnyViewer is not limited by the same LAN and Chrome browser, which can help you realize remote access anytime, anywhere. It has many benefits:
- High Speed. It uses improved connection technology to automatically connect to the best servers for a faster, smoother remote control experience.
- Simple. It provides flexible connectivity and has an easy-to-use interface.
- Flexible connectivity. Supports same account connections, and security codes, and sends remote controls to meet different needs.
- High compatibility. You can use any browser to remotely control machines running Windows 11/10/8/8/7/2022/2019/2012R2. Besides, it supports iOS and Android.
How to use AnyViewer without port forwarding
Download AnyViewer on your computer and start experiencing it!
Step 1. Download, install, and launch AnyViewer. Select “Login”, and then click “Sign up”.
Step 2. To create an AnyViewer account, fill out the form and click the "Sign up" button.
Step 3. After that, you'll see that you've successfully logged into AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be allocated to the account with which you logged in.
Step 4. Log in to the same AnyViewer account for both devices and select “Device”. Then select the device you want to connect to and click on “one-click control”.
- ★Tips: Free users of any viewer only support unattended remote access to 3 specified devices. It is recommended that you upgrade to a cost-effective Professional or Enterprise plan to take advantage of the additional services:
- Assign up to 100 devices for unattended access.
- Enjoy up to 10 concurrent sessions.
- Access in Privacy Mode allows you to black out and disable the physical keyboard and mouse of the remote device, as well as turn off the remote screen.
Is port forward pcAnywhere still available? After reading this article, you can know the answer is no. However, we can find a free pcAnywhere alternative such as AnyViewer to solve our problems. If you desire a free, stable, and safe remote access tool, AnyViewer can be the best choice for you.