Why remotely access another computer over the internet?
Generally speaking, people will want to remotely access another computer over the internet under the following conditions:
1. Need to access office computer from home across the internet for unfinished work.
2. Need to connect to a friend's computer for offering technical help in solving PC issues.
3. Access your home computer from your laptop over the network during the trip to play PC games on it.
Full guide on how to remotely access another computer over the internet
No matter in which condition you are for remote login to another computer, it's very necessary to seek the help of remote access utility. When the two computers are under the same network, you can enable RDP on another computer and then run Remote Desktop Connection on to connect to the remote computer for free. If the networks are different or the remote computer is running Windows 10 Home or Windows 7 Start Editon, it's time to download the free and secure third-party remote desktop program, AnyViewer. I will choose it for these highlights.
1. It requires no configuration of Windows settings on the remote host computer.
2. It enables you to connect to a computer that isn't in the same network with port forwarding.
3. It supports all editions of Windows. That is to say, whether the remote computer is running Home or Professional Editon, you can access it using AnyViewer.
4. It employs ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography) encryption, making the remote session safer.
5. If you need to access the remote computer from your mobile iOS devices, like iPad or iPhone, you can download AnyViewer for iOS from Apple Store.
Steps on remotely access another computer from one computer over the internet
Now, see how to remotely access another computer over the internet for free using the remote access utility, AnyViewer.
Firstly, download the free software on your local computer and the remote computer. The operating system of the computers can be Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 or Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012 R2.
Step 1. Sign up for an AnyViewer account and sign in to the account on the two computers. The device will be assigned to the account automatically once logged in.
Step 2. On the main interface of AnyViewer on your current computer, go to "Device" and locate the remote PC. Click it and choose "One-click control" to access an unattended computer with one click.
Then you can remote into the computer over the internet for free and you can see the screen of the remote computer and run apps on it.
The post has shown how to remotely access another computer over the internet with AnyViewer. It offers different ways to get remote access to a remote computer and you can choose the one that you like. Actually, it is more than a remote desktop tool. It supports you to transfer files between two connected remote computers without a USB cable.