What is the fastest way to transfer files from one remote system to another?
“Can someone tell me which Windows program allows me to transfer files from one remote system to another remote system the fastest?”
-Question from Quora
There are plenty of options on how to transfer files remotely, for example, Remote Desktop Connection. But according to user feedback, Remote Desktop file transfer slow. Then what is the fastest way to transfer files remotely, especially when they need to transfer large files remotely? Don’t worry, we’ll uncover the answer below.
The fastest way to transfer files remotely: AnyViewer
The fastest way to transfer large files remotely is to use the free remote file transfer software AnyViewer, which allows you to transfer a large number of files at once. The maximum transfer rate is 10 MB/s. According to user feedback, the actual transfer speed is even faster if the two computers are on LAN.
Besides, AnyViewer also provides users with additional features:
- Remote control. It allows you to remotely control another computer from anywhere. You can carry out work remotely, play PC games from any place, or offer remote support to customers.
- Screen share. It allows you to share screen with another computer, which is convenient for remote teaching or teamwork.
Let’s see how to transfer large files remotely via AnyViewer next.
Step 1. Download, install, and launch AnyViewer 3.0 or above on both Windows computers. If your version is lower, please upgrade first.
Step 2. On the Controller computer, go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 3. Fill in the signup information.
Step 4. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you’ve logged in to.
Step 5. Choose your target computer, and then click File Transfer.
Step 6. Then a File Transfer dialog box will appear. You’re able to transfer files between devices freely by clicking the arrows after choosing the target files. You can also double-click the target file to achieve transfer.
In addition to faster file transfer speed, here are more of what a professional or enterprise plan can bring to you:
- Increasing numbers of files are being transferred at once. For a free account, 100 files can be transferred at a time; for a paid account, this number is unlimited.
- Larger size of a single file that can be transferred. The maximum size of a single file that can be transferred for the free account is 100 MB, and for a paid account is 1 TB.
- More assigned devices to achieve file transfer. You can only assign 3 devices for a free account, but 10 for a Professional account and 100 for an Enterprise account.
AnyViewer is the best choice for working from home and transferring work files between computers. It is the fastest way to transfer files remotely. The maximum file transfer speed stated on its official website is 500KB/s, but user feedback indicates that it is actually faster, especially when the two computers are connected via LAN or WiFi. If you ever need to transfer files or large files quickly, AnyViewer is a good option.
If the two computers are near each other, you can also transfer files using a LAN cable or using the nearby sharing. But please note the restrictions before using these methods.