AnyDesk vs TeamViewer
I want remote access software to help remotely access and transfer files. There are two software available for me, AnyDesk vs TeamViewer, but I don’t know which one is better. Of course, I can accept a better choice."
- Question from Reddit
How to choose between AnyDesk and TeamViewer? This post makes a detailed comparison between them in all aspects. You can find the answer in the following parts.
Detailed comparison of AnyDesk and TeamViewer
We'll make a detailed comparison of AnyDesk and TeamViewer in five aspects: AnyDesk vs TeamViewer compatibility, AnyDesk vs TeamViewer features, AnyDesk vs TeamViewer performance, AnyDesk vs TeamViewer security, and AnyDesk vs TeamViewer pricing. And finally, we'll look at their pros and cons.
AnyDesk can be used on a wide range of platforms on devices. For example, Windows, macOS, Andriod, iOS, Linux, FreeBSD, Raspberry Pi, and Chrome OS.
While Teamviewer comes in Windows, MacOS, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, and iOS, which is less compatible compared with AnyDesk.
AnyDesk provides users with a fluent on-screen experience as if they were sitting directly in front of the remote device, with 60 fps on local networks and most other internet connections. Its latency lies below 16 ms on local networks and is therefore not perceptible. It announced to be able to perform tasks smoothly, even with bandwidths as low as 100 kb/sec.
TeamViewer's global router network guarantees connections with the lowest latency and easy scalability - even in low-bandwidth environments. For the best experience, this system automatically selects the best connection protocol and routing server each time. The remote connection is stable, the image quality is high, and the file transfer speed is quick.
AnyDesk offers users a free version for private use, although users have reflected as always being detected as commercial use. The premium version is offered in three different plans: Solo is $14.90 per month for 1 licensed user with 3 login devices, Standard costs $29.90 per month for 20 licensed users in a team, Advanced costs $79.90 per month for 50 licensed users in a team, and the Ultimate package is tailored to your needs.
The same to AnyDesk, TeamViewer has a free version for personal use. But its free version has many limitations. For commercial use, it has plans for single use, for teams, and for enterprises. For single users, the plan for online remote access only is $6.95/month, and the plan for a business is $38.9/month. For teams, the premium plan is $112.9/month, with up to 15 users licensed to create a single session, and the corporate plan is $229.90/month for up to 30 licensed users, three of whom can be using the service at the same time. For enterprises, you need to contact sales for a fully customized license.
Please note that the above-mentioned price is only for a month. Both AnyDesk and TeamViewer plans are always billed annually.
We'll make a comparison of AnyDesk free and TeamViewer free. See the table below.
As you can see from the table, most features are not available for AnyDesk free and TeamViewer free.
AnyDesk provides military-grade TLS 1.2 Standardized Protocol Technology, preventing all connections from unauthorized access. They use RSA 2048 asymmetric key exchange encryption to verify every connection. In addition, it provides 256-bit AES Transport Encryption to encrypt the data stream perfectly.
TeamViewer includes RSA private/public key encryption and AES (256-bit) session encryption. This technology is based on the same standards as https/SSL and is completely safe according to current standards. The key exchange also ensures complete client-to-client data protection.
However, TeamViewer had security issues before. An additional problem with Teamviewer is, that may be difficult to control who has installed it and is opening the gates of your network to “someone out there”.
Pros and Cons
What are the pros and cons of AnyDesk and TeamViewer?
- AnyDesk is fast and efficient.
- AnyDesk provides a self-managed local solution to help you save data.
- Its free go.AnyDesk.com Network Client provides all users with remote access directly from the browser.
- For some commercial features, its price is relatively low.
- The screen of the host computer will freeze sometimes.
- It will lose the connection sometimes because of some errors and interruptions.
- The self-managed local solution provided by it makes it inconvenient as some files and data need to be downloaded locally only.
- It has a simple interface and is easy to use.
- It runs smoothly without jamming.
- It has a free version for personal use.
- Its connection is unstable; users always encounter a loss of connection. Due to the unstable connection, it is impractical to use it to transfer large files.
- It is free for individual users with limited features. The commercial version with more features is very expensive.
How to use AnyDesk and TeamViewer
We'll take a quick look at how to use AnyDesk and TeamViewer respectively.
How to use AnyDesk
AnyDesk is a remote desktop solution that can be used to remotely control computers and transfer files between computers. It is applicable on a variety of platforms and operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Free BSD, Mac OS, iOS, and Android.
Step 1. Download and install AnyDesk on the client and host computers respectively.
Step 2. Enter the connection password of the host computer on the client computer and click Connect. Once the host computer agrees, the connection succeeds.
How to use TeamViewer
TeamViewer is an application that can be used for remote control in the background of any firewall and NAT agent. It has functions such as remote control, file transfer, and unattended remote access. It can be applied to multiple operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, Chrome OS, iOS, and iPadOS.
- Connect both the client computer (the controller computer) and the host computer (the controlled computer) to the Internet.
- Download and install TeamViewer on the client and host computers respectively.
Step 1. Select the purpose (commercial or personal) for downloading this software during installation. Here, take the free version of individual users as an example.
Step 2. Run TeamViewer on both computers. Select Login in the main interface. You need to create your own TeamViewer account for the first time. Click Next to complete account registration (you also need to verify the account before use).
Step 3. Click Remote Control on the left side of the TeamViewer main interface on the client computer, enter the ID of the host computer under Partner ID, and click Connect.
Step 4. Enter the password of the host computer in the TeamViewer Authentication window to realize the remote control.
Free remote control software: AnyViewer
Another option for you is to try another free remote control software for Windows, AnyViewer. It is a free remote control solution for Windows, no matter whether you are using it for personal use or commercial use. It supports multiple Windows versions, from Windows 7 to Windows 11. Let's see why you should choose it as the AnyDesk and TeamViewer alternative.
Advantages of AnyViewer:
- Professional. It is professional software for Windows, supporting multiple Windows versions, including Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012 R2.
- Flexible connection methods. You can ask for remote control by sending a control request or achieve an unattended remote connection by inputting a security code.
- Security. It is secured by Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) encryption, protecting your data from leakage during the whole remote session.
- Fast connection. It is developed by a strong technical team, providing you fast remote connection with high image quality.
- Easy to use. It has an intuitive and concise interface, you can easily get started with it.
- Free. Its free version has various additional functions. The connection speed is fast as well.
- Efficient. It provides various practical features, like file transfer, quick operation, screen share, and multiple monitors, to help increase remote work efficiency.
- Connect the client computer (the controller computer) and the host computer (the controlled computer) to the Internet.
- Download and install AnyViewer on the client computer and the host computer respectively.
Step 1. Launch AnyViewer on both computers.
Step 2. Go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 3. Fill in the signup information.
Step 4. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you've logged in to.
Step 5. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two devices, then you can achieve a direct connection by clicking One-click control.
- ★Note: You can also upgrade your account to a Professional or Enterprise plan to enjoy more rights: faster file transfer, privacy mode, more assigned devices...
After successfully connecting, AnyViewer can also provide various practical features suitable for remote access. For example, you can remotely lock, log out, and restart the host computer. You can also adjust the resolution and image quality. The default wallpaper-hiding function also makes the remote connection smoother.
Although TeamViewer is free for personal use, its functions are not comprehensive enough. AnyDesk is fully functional, but it needs to be paid for use, which is not very cost-effective for individual users. Therefore, we recommend that you use the free remote control software AnyViewer. You can control any PC remotely with its simple interface and easy operation process.