AnyDesk vs TeamViewer
“I want remote access software to help remotely access and transfer files. At present, there is two software available for me, AnyDesk vs TeamViewer, but I don’t know which one is better. Of course, I can accept a better choice."
How to choose between AnyDesk and TeamViewer? This post makes a detailed comparison between them in all aspects. You can find the answer in the following parts.
How to use AnyDesk?
AnyDesk is a remote desktop solution that can be used to remotely control computers and transfer files between computers. It is applicable on a variety of platforms and operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Free BSD, Mac OS, iOS, and Android.
Step 1. Download and install AnyDesk on the client and host computers respectively.
Step 2. Enter the connection password of the host computer on the client computer and click Connect. Once the host computer agrees, the connection succeeds.
Advantages of AnyDesk:
- AnyDesk is fast and efficient.
- AnyDesk provides a self-managed local solution to help you save data.
- Its free go.AnyDesk.com Network Client provides all users with remote access directly from the browser.
- For some commercial features, its price is relatively low.
Disadvantages of AnyDesk:
- The screen of the host computer will freeze sometimes.
- It will lose connection sometimes because of some errors and interruptions.
- The self-managed local solution provided by it makes it inconvenient as some files and data need to be downloaded locally only.
How to use TeamViewer?
TeamViewer is an application that can be used for remote control in the background of any firewall and NAT agent. It has functions such as remote control, file transfer, unattended remote access. It can be applied to multiple operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, Chrome OS, iOS, and iPadOS.
- Connect both the client computer (the controller computer) and the host computer (the controlled computer) to the Internet.
- Download and install TeamViewer on the client and host computers respectively.
Step 1. Select the purpose (commercial or personal) for downloading this software during installation. Here, take the free version of individual users as an example.
Step 2. Run TeamViewer on both computers. Select Login in the main interface. You need to create your own TeamViewer account for the first time. Click Next to complete account registration (you also need to verify the account before use).
Step 3. Click Remote Control on the left side of the TeamViewer main interface on the host computer, enter the ID of the client computer under Partner ID, and click Connect.
Step 4. Enter the password of the host computer in the TeamViewer Authentication window to realize the remote control.
Advantages of TeamViewer:
- It has a simple interface and is easy to use.
- It runs smoothly without jamming.
- It has a free version for personal use.
Disadvantages of TeamViewer:
- Its connection is unstable; users always encounter loss of connection. Due to the unstable connection, it is impractical to use it to transfer large files.
- It is free for individual users with limited features. The commercial version with more features is very expensive.
AnyDesk vs TeamViewer: a detailed comparison
We listed the pros and cons of AnyDesk vs TeamViewer respectively. Next, we’ll make a detailed comparison between AnyDesk vs TeamViewer free version. Specifically, we’ll compare AnyDesk vs TeamViewer speed, AnyDesk vs TeamViewer security, and so on.
If you are not fond of the above two kinds of software after comparing, you might as well try another free remote control software for Windows, AnyViewer.
Free remote control software: AnyViewer
AnyViewer is a totally free remote control solution for Windows, no matter you are using it for personal use or commercial use. It supports multiple Windows versions, including Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012 R2. It has no limitation on the number of remote connection devices and allows remote technical support.
Advantages of AnyViewer:
- AnyViewer supports unattended remote access, you can remotely control another device even there’s no one sitting in front of it.
- You can provide technical support to your friends or clients over AnyViewer.
- It is free for both personal and commercial use.
- It provides you with many other practical features, such as remote restart, logout, shutdown, locking, etc.
- It has high image quality.
- It is easy to operate. You don’t need to create an account to achieve remote access.
- Connect the client computer (the controller computer) and the host computer (the controlled computer) to the Internet.
- Download and install AnyViewer on the client computer and the host computer respectively.
Step 1. Launch AnyViewer on both computers.
Step 2. Go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 3. Fill in the signup information.
Step 4. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you've logged in to.
Step 5. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two devices, then you can achieve a direct connection by clicking Remote control.
Note: You can also upgrade your account to Professional or Enterprise edition to assign more devices and to connect to another computer in privacy mode.
After successfully connecting, AnyViewer can also provide various practical features suitable for remote access. For example, you can remotely lock, log out, restart the host computer. You can also adjust the resolution and image quality. The default wallpaper hiding function also makes the remote connection smoother.
Although TeamViewer is free for personal use, its functions are not comprehensive enough. AnyDesk is fully functional, but it needs to be paid for use, which is not very cost-effective for individual users. Therefore, we recommend that you use the free remote control software AnyViewer. You can control any PC remotely with its simple interface and easy operation process.