What is Lenovo QuickControl
Lenovo QuickControl is an application that was created by Lenovo. It allows you to remotely control your computer from your smartphone. Lenovo QuickControl necessitates the installation of a companion app on your smartphone. You can control the computer's mouse pointer, modify second screen settings, and manage active apps and windows using the app on your phone. The latest version of Lenovo QuickControl is v2.40 with 9.22 MB of free space required. It is compatible with OS Windows 8.1/7/8/10.
The way to use Lenovo QuickControl on Windows 10
In this part, we’ll show you how to use Lenovo QuickControl to remotely control a Windows 10 with your smartphone.
Part 1. Preparation work
Download Lenovo QuickControl on the PC and phone respectively (The mobile app is available from Google Play and Apple App Store). Open Lenovo QuickControl on the PC. You have three connection methods: Connect by Bluetooth, Connect by QR Code, Other connection options.
Part 2. Three different connection methods
Three different connection methods will be introduced in this part.
Method 1. Connect by Bluetooth
If you choose Connect by Bluetooth, open the Bluetooth on your computer and your smartphone. Then you can easily connect your phone to the computer.
Method 2. Connect by QR Code
If you choose Connect by QR Code, you need to open Lenovo QuickControl mobile app on your phone, select Scan QR Code, and then use your camera to scan the QR Code on the computer screen.
Method 3. Other connection options
If you choose Other connection options, you need to connect manually.
Step 1. Fill in the information needed, for example, Computer name, Lenovo QuickControl password, IP address, Port number.
Step 2. Open the mobile app, fill in the above-mentioned information on your phone as well. Then click Connect.
Part 3. Features introduction
After connecting successfully from your phone to the computer, you’ll see the following interface on your smartphone. Your smartphone is now like a Wireless touchpad.
Lenovo QuickControl provides you with the following features:
- Remote Touchpad and Keyboard. Remote Touchpad and Keyboard simulate your computer’s touchpad and keyboard. Move your mobile device’s pointer, click, scroll, or type, and your PC will reply accordingly.
- Projection. Projection modifies the display mode of your computer and any connected projector to one of four options: PC screen only, Duplicate, Extend, or Second screen only.
- App Switcher. App Switcher allows you to choose which opened application or window should be displayed in the foreground.
- Presentation Remote. The dedicated presentation mode works like a real presentation remote. You can navigate through the pages, watch a slideshow, and adjust the volume.
AnyViewer: Best Lenovo QuickControl alternative
Another option for you to remotely connect your iPhone to Windows computers is to use the remote desktop software AnyViewer. AnyViewer has the following benefits:
- Compatible. It supports multiple Windows systems, from Windows 7 to the latest Windows 11.
- Easy to connect. It has a concise interface and two simple connection methods. It requires no IP address or network configuration to achieve a remote connection.
- Secure. It is secured by Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) encryption, protecting your data from leakage during remote sessions.
- Fast & stable. It is developed by a strong technical team, providing you with fast and stable remote connections.
- Free. It is free for both personal and commercial uses.
Part 1. Preparation work
Step 1. Install and run AnyViewer on your computer.
Step 2. Open AnyViewer iOS app from Apple App Store, and open it. Then enter the device ID of the computer. After that, click Connect.
Part 2. Two connection methods
After clicking Connect, you’re given two connection methods.
Method 1. Send control request
If you choose Send control request on your iPhone, there will be a pop-up message on the computer. Click Allow.
Method 2. Security code
If you choose Security code on your iPhone, you need to enter the security code you set previously or the temporary security code on your computer.
Step 1. On the computer, go to Settings > Recipient. Tick the third option and then set the permanent security code.
Step 2. On your iPhone, input either the security code set above or the temporary security code to achieve direct remote connections.
This post gives detailed instructions on how to use Lenovo QuickControl on Windows 8.1/7/8/10. you can choose whichever you want among the three different connection methods. Besides, this post offers you another option to remotely connect to a Windows 8.1/7/8/10 PC from iPhone, which is using the free and easy remote desktop software AnyViewer.