Chrome Remote Desktop: You don’t have access to this service
“Recently, I got the following error when using Chrome Remote Desktop: ‘You don’t have access to this service. To request access, contact the Google services administrator in your organization.’ I've been using Remote Desktop for a while without issue. This happens when I try to set up a new remote desktop session. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.”
Two tested solutions to fix the CRD you don’t have access to this service
Actually, according to the feedback from some users, they receive the same “You don’t have access to this service” error when using YouTube, Partner Dash, or other services. Therefore, the cause of the Chrome Remote Desktop “You don’t have access to this service” error may not lie in Chrome Remote Desktop itself but is something wrong with the settings of the Google browser causing Chrome Remote Desktop blocked by admin. In this case, here we provide you with two tested solutions when you can’t connect to Chrome Remote Desktop.
Solution 1. Enable the Chrome Web Store on the Chrome browser
The first solution we recommend here is to enable Chrome Web Store if you want to use Chrome Remote Desktop.
Step 1. Sign in to your Google Admin console at: admin.google.com. From the Admin Console Home page, go to Apps.
Step 2. Click Additional Google services.
Step 3. Click Chrome Web Store to open its settings page. Then click Service status. Click On for everyone, and then click Save.
Then you can try to use Chrome Remote Desktop again to see if the Google Remote Desktop “You don’t have access to this service” error is fixed.
Solution 2. Set age-based access settings
Google has introduced age-based settings for education edition domains. Therefore, you need to check two things: one is to check whether you’re in a Primary/secondary education organization type, and another is to check whether All users are 18 or older applied to avoid users losing access to apps and features restricted for under 18 years old.
Step 1. Sign in to your Google Admin console. Go to Account Settings.
Step 2. Click Profile.
Step 3. Check whether your organization type is Primary/secondary education. If it is, continue the following steps.
Step 4. Back to the Account settings page, find Age-based-access settings, and click it.
Step 5. Tick All users are 18 or older and then click Save.
Then run Chrome Remote Desktop again, the Chrome Remote Desktop “You don’t have access to this service” error will be fixed.
Best Chrome Remote Desktop alternative: AnyViewer
AnyViewer is a free remote control solution for Windows. What makes AnyViewer the best alternative to Chrome Remote Desktop is that it is much easier to use. You won’t encounter various kinds of problems when using AnyViewer, which reduces a lot of unnecessary trouble for you.
Comparison between Chrome Remote Desktop and AnyViewer
- Multi-session. AnyViewer supports 2 concurrent remote desktop sessions, while Chrome Remote Desktop only allows 1 remote connection at a time.
- Built-in chat. AnyViewer supports built-in text chat, while this key feature of a great remote desktop application is absent in Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Ability to reconnect after reboot. AnyViewer allows you to reconnect to the remote machine after reboot if you have enabled AnyViewer to start with the computer, while Chrome Remote Desktop doesn’t allow you to reconnect to the remote computer after reboot.
Step 1. Download, install, and launch AnyViewer on both computers. Go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 2. Fill in the signup information.
Step 3. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you've logged in to.
Step 4. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two devices, then click One-click control to achieve unattended remote access.
- You can upgrade your account to a Professional or Enterprise plan. Then you'll have the following rights:
- Assign more devices to achieve unattended remote access to more devices.
- Connect to another computer in privacy mode, which means you can black the screen and block the mouse and keyboard of the remote computer.
- Transfer files at a faster speed. Transfer speed for a free account is 500 KB/s, and for a paid account is up to 10 MB/s.
This post introduces two tested ways to help you troubleshoot the annoying Chrome Remote Desktop “You don’t have access to this service” error. Besides, it also recommends a great Chrome Remote Desktop alternative AnyViewer. If you want to experience a better remote connection practice, try it right now!