TeamViewer the screen cannot be captured at the moment
I have been using TeamViewer for several years, and it has worked flawlessly... until now. I use it to assist some aging relatives."This involves Windows 10 as the client. I repeatedly get TeamViewer the screen cannot be captured at the moment. This is probably due to fast user switching or a disconnected/minimized remote desktop session. For the problem, what I can do? Thanks!"
- Question from TeamViewer Community
TeamViewer stands as a robust remote desktop software, facilitating seamless collaboration and support across devices. However, users occasionally encounter the frustrating message, TeamViewer the screen cannot be captured at the moment or TeamViewer blurry screen. In this article, we'll explore the common causes behind this issue and provide effective solutions to overcome it, ensuring uninterrupted remote access and support.
How to fix TeamViewer the screen cannot be captured at the moment [3 methods]
When using Windows Remote Desktop and TeamViewer to connect to a server simultaneously, if you exit Remote Desktop or minimize the Remote Desktop window, you may encounter the same error message mentioned above. Subsequently, the remote control screen via TeamViewer becomes locked, and you lose the ability to view or control the remote server.
Want to know how to fix the screen cannot be captured at the moment TeamViewerissue? Keep reading, this article provides you with three methods to fix this issue.
Method 1. Log in with Windows authentication
First of all, if the screen cannot be captured at the moment problem occurs when using Teamviewer, please make sure that you use Windows Authentication instead of TeamViewer password to log in to the TeamViewer device. To do this, make sure your remote device can accept Windows Authentication. When connecting, do not use a TeamViewer password, go to the Advanced link and select Windows Authentication.
Step 1. On your computer, launch TeamViewer.
Step 2. On your computer, launch TeamViewer and click the Settings icon to open TeamViewer options.
Step 3. Choose "Security" on the left and click.
Step 4. Then find “Rules for connections to this computer”> “Windows logon” on the right, and select "Allowed for administrators only".
Step 5. Then when you are connected, click “Advanced”.
Step 6. Select "Windows" authentication in Authentication to log in.
Method 2. Create a reg key
If the first method does not solve your problem, then you can try the second method. Please create a registry key on the client computer to which you are trying to connect.
Step 1. Press "Win+R" simultaneously to open the Run box, type "regedit", and then click "OK".
Step 2. Create a new registry key
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer\DisableDuplicationAPI" as REG_DWORD with a value of 1. This key can be created when running the following command using an elevated command prompt:
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer /v DisableDuplicationAPI /d 1 /t REG_DWORD
Step 3. Upon creating the key, proceed to restart the TeamViewer service.
Method 3. Completely close remote desktop
If neither of the above two methods works, you can try the third method, using third-party software to completely shut down the remote desktop. Here's how to do it:
Step 1. Restore the minimized Remote Desktop screen or reconnect to Remote Desktop.
Step 2. Start the UltraViewer software on the server. If it is not already installed, first download and install UltraViewer on your device.
Step 3. In UltraViewer, navigate to “File”> “Close Remote Desktop” to exit Windows Remote Desktop completely, instead of closing it by pressing the "X" button.
Step 4. At this point, you can try restarting TeamViewer again.
AnyViewer: Best free TeamViewer alternative without connection issue
After trying the above three methods, the problem of TeamViewer the screen cannot be captured at the moment cannot be solved. Then we strongly recommend you to look for TeamViewer alternatives to avoid this troublesome problem.
Opt for remote desktop software specifically designed for efficient remote access to ensure a smooth experience. AnyViewer emerges as a premier choice, providing user-friendly and free remote desktop software. Its streamlined connection algorithm ensures a fast and seamless screen-sharing experience, minimizing latency for optimal performance. AnyViewer boasts a range of significant advantages:
- Free Access: AnyViewer extends complimentary plans for both personal and commercial use, offering a comprehensive suite of features and permissions tailored to diverse user requirements.
- Higher Compatibility: AnyViewer demonstrates exceptional versatility by catering to a broad spectrum of device systems, including Windows, iOS, and Android. This extensive compatibility ensures flexibility and convenience when establishing remote desktop connections.
- Enhanced Security: Prioritizing data security, AnyViewer implements end-to-end encryption using a robust 256-bit Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) algorithm. This is further reinforced by the inclusion of two-factor authentication, providing an additional layer of protection for heightened security.
- Limitless Capability: AnyViewer surpasses limitations by providing unattended remote access, without restrictions on time, location, or the need for devices to be on the same LAN. This functionality is available even in its free version.
- Optimal Performance: AnyViewer distinguishes itself with top-notch performance, ensuring a rapid and highly responsive connection experience.
- User-Centric Design: Featuring a sleek and user-friendly interface, AnyViewer facilitates effortless and swift connections for users, enhancing overall accessibility.
- Comprehensive Features: Beyond its primary function of remote access, AnyViewer transforms into an all-encompassing software, offering valuable features such as one-click control, text chat, remote sound, unattended file transfer, multi-sessions, and more.
Step 1. Begin by downloading and launching AnyViewer on both devices. Navigate to "Log in" and click "Sign up" to create a new account.
Step 2. Upon successful login to AnyViewer, you will observe that your login has been completed. Your device will be automatically associated with the account with which you logged in.
Step 3. Log in to the same account on both of your devices. Navigate to "Device," select the target device you want to connect to and click "One-click control" to directly achieve unattended remote access.
- ★Tips: Unlock additional benefits by upgrading your account to a Professional or Enterprise plan:
- Connect more devices with one-click control.
- Experience access in Privacy Mode.
- Remove limitations on the number of devices that can be controlled simultaneously by one computer.
- Enjoy faster file transfer speeds.
- Create groups for corporations to efficiently manage large numbers of devices.
- And more...
It can be frustrating to encounter the "TeamViewer the screen cannot be captured at the moment" error, but with a systematic approach, you can effectively resolve the issue. By logging in with Windows authentication, creating a reg key, or finding new alternatives, users can ensure a smooth, uninterrupted remote collaboration experience. Regularly keeping TeamViewer up to date and aware of potential conflicts will help provide a seamless remote desktop experience, improving productivity and supportability.