How do I use CloudBerry Remote Assistant to transfer files?
“Is it possible for me to use CloudBerry Remote Assistant to transfer files? If it is, then how? Is it safe? Please tell me more information about it.”
CloudBerry Remote Assistant is a free remote access software in CloudBerry Lab, developed by a company called MSP360. It is also called MSP360 Remote Desktop or MSP360 Connect. Aside from providing users with remote control feature, it also allows users to transfer files remotely.
How to perform CloudBerry Remote Assistant file transfer
Most remote access software allows you to transfer files between computers, and so does CloudBerry Remote Assistant. Next, let’s see how to perform CloudBerry Remote Assistant file transfer.
Step 1. Get CloudBerry Remote Assistant download free in MSP360 on both computers.
Step 2. After installation, open it. On the local computer, choose Control Remote Computer.
Step 3. Input the ID of the remote computer. Then click Connect.
Step 4. Enter the Pin of the remote computer and click the arrow to achieve remote access.
Step 4. To initiate a file transfer, click on the file icon on the Connect toolbar. Then click Upload Files in the newly appeared file transfer window.
Step 4. On the File Transfer dialog select the required files on the required computer and click the appropriate transfer direction button on the bottom. The file transfer will start.
Step 5. After clicking the transfer direction button, the upload result will be reported.
What are the limitations of CloudBerry Remote Assistant file transfer?
After learning how to perform CloudBerry Remote Assistant file transfer, let’s take a look at its limitations.
- No direct file transfer. You have to first achieve remote access via CloudBerry Remote Assistant and then start the file transfer.
- File transfer size. The free version of CloudBerry Remote Assistantonly allows users to transfer files that are smaller than 10 MB.
CloudBerry Remote Assistant alternative: Transfer files with AnyViewer
Another way to perform remote file transfer is to use the free remote access software with a file transfer feature AnyViewer. Why should you choose it as the CloudBerry Remote Assistant alternative?
- Multiple file transfer methods. You can transfer files after achieving remote access, or transfer files directly.
- File transfer size. For a free account, the max size of a single fileis100 MB, and the max number of files to be transferred at one time is 100.
- File transfer speed. The max file transfer speed for a free account is 500 KB/s. The actual transfer speed is faster when the two devices are on the same network.
Step 1. Download, install, and launch AnyViewer 3.0 or above on both Windows computers. If your version is lower, please upgrade first.
Step 2. On the Controller computer, go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 3. Fill in the signup information.
Step 4. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you’ve logged in to.
Step 5. Choose your target computer, and then click File Transfer.
Step 6. Then a File Transfer dialog box will appear. You’re able to transfer files between devices freely by clicking the arrows after choosing the target files. You can also double-click the target file to achieve transfer.
- To transfer files more freely, it is highly recommended to upgrade your account to a professional or enterprise plan. Here are what a professional or enterprise plan can bring to you:
- Faster file transfer speed. Transfer speed for a free account is 500 KB/s, and for a paid account is up to 10 MB/s.
- Increasing numbers of files are being transferred at once. For a free account, 100 files can be transferred at a time; for a paid account, this number is unlimited.
- Larger size of a single file that can be transferred. The maximum size of a single file that can be transferred for the free account is 100 MB, and for a paid account is 1 TB.
This post primarily focuses on providing a tutorial on how to use CloudBerry Remote Assistant file transfer. The detailed steps are shown here. Besides, it also introduces a CloudBerry Remote Assistant alternative to you. If you want a better way to transfer files remotely, you can give AnyViewer a try.