Today I got the AnyDesk "Commercial use detected" message
As the title says, I have been using it for at least 8 years for helping my mother with her computer very sparsely, I connect to it about once every month or two. As far as I remember last year I used it about 3 or 4 times. How is that suspected commercial usage? This is ridiculous.”
- Question from Reddit
Why do you receive AnyDesk "Commercial use detected" message?
When you are using the free version of AnyDesk, you may receive AnyDesk “Commercial use detected” message and have to buy a commercial license if you want to remote connect. This is because AnyDesk detects that you are using free licenses for commercial purposes. How does AnyDesk detect commercial use? Commercial uses mean that you are using AnyDesk for professional, work-related purposes. Examples are using AnyDesk to access your workstation in the office from home or providing IT support for customers and clients. When AnyDesk detects commercial use, it will block your connection.
AnyDesk states that its intention is to restrict abusers, not its private user community. When AnyDesk is used professionally, a paid license is required. This way, it can continue offering a free version for private use and help their support families and friends without having to pay. So if you believe you have been wrongly categorized as a commercial user, you can request to be whitelisted. Once AnyDesk gets the request, it will look into your case individually.
Bonus tip: The best alternative solution to AnyDesk
There is a possibility that you may fail to be whitelisted and will need to pay for a license to use AnyDesk. At this point, you can turn to an alternative solution. The best AnyDesk alternative is AnyViewer.
Similar to AnyDesk, AnyViewer is a free remote desktop program for Windows that enables safe, worldwide access to your devices. But AnyViewer won’t block user connections for their purposes, no matter if you're using it for personal or professional purposes.
Additionally, AnyViewer's free edition provides the appealing features listed below:
- It offers unattended remote access from PC to PC, iOS to PC, and Android to PC.
- Every account has the ability to manage 10 devices and designate 3 devices for remote unsupervised access.
- It allows for two concurrent sessions.
- It allows for the remote session to be adjusted for picture quality and resolution.
- It supports multiple monitors on one screen.
- It supports in-session text chat.
- It allows for the transport of large files.
Step 1. Install and run AnyViewer on both of your computers. Navigate to Log in and then Sign up on the Controller computer (if you have already registered on the official website, you can log in directly).
Step 2. Fill out the sign-up form.
Step 3. You should now see that you have successfully logged into AnyViewer. Your device will be assigned to the account to which you have logged in automatically.
Step 4. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two devices, then you can click One-click control to achieve a direct connection, click View the screen to see another’s screen, or click File transfer to share files between computers.
- You can also upgrade your account to a Professional or Enterprise plan to enjoy more rights:
- Faster file transfer speed. Transfer speed for a free account is 500 KB/s, and for a paid account is up to 10 MB/s.
- Increasing number of files transferred in a single time.
- Larger size of a single file that can be transferred.
- More devices can be assigned to the same account for unattended remote access.
- More Currently connected devices are displayed for chekcing connection history.
- Connect in privacy mode to protect privacy.
- Initial more concurrent connections to one computer.
When you got the AnyDesk"Commercial use detected" message, you have three options. First, if you have been wrongly categorized as a commercial user, you can request to be whitelisted. Second, you can get an AnyDesk professional license. Finally, you can turn to a free AnyDesk alternative, for example, AnyViewer.