How do I transfer data from my phone to my computer wirelessly?
Do you know how to transfer files from phone to laptop wirelessly? Do you wish there was an easy and quick way to do this? Nowadays, transferring data and files between phone and computer is not a difficult task. This article will take you through and learn the different ways of transferring files wirelessly between your phone and laptop.
How to transfer files from phone to laptop wirelessly [Android & iOS]
For wireless file transfer from your phone to your laptop, several options are available, including Bluetooth, E-mail, and Chat apps, as well as third-party platforms like Google Drive and AirDroid. The decision is based on your requirements and preferences.
Method 1. Transfer files via Bluetooth
You may want to know how to transfer files from Android phone to laptop wirelessly, you can use Bluetooth. Bluetooth also allows us to control computer from phone. Transfer is one of the most common ways to wirelessly transfer photos, videos, or other types of files and data from phone to laptop. It does not require a USB or internet connection.
Here are the pros and cons of transferring files from phone to laptop via Bluetooth.
- Without a USB connection.
- Without an internet connection.
- Simple operation.
- Limited by distance.
- Slow transmission speed.
- Only suitable for small files.
Step 1. To use Bluetooth transfer, you first need to turn on the Bluetooth on your phone and laptop.
On your phone, find “Settings” > “Bluetooth” and turn on Bluetooth. Make sure your mobile device is set to be discoverable via Bluetooth.
Step 2. On the computer, find “Start” > “Settings” > “Bluetooth and other devices” > "Add Bluetooth and other devices”, then select the phone you want to pair with and click “Connect”.
Step 3. On your phone, tap “Pair” > “OK”.
Step 4. To transfer files from your phone to your laptop, choose the file on your phone, clicked the “Share” icon, and then pick “Bluetooth.”
Step 5. On your laptop, find and right-click the Bluetooth icon in the toolbar, then select Receive a File.
Method 2. Transfer files with Google Drive
When you need to solve how to transfer file from phone to laptop wireless, you can choose a third-party platform. If you have a Google account, then Google Drive is a very good choice. Cloud storage is one of the best ways to transfer files from your phone to your laptop. With cloud storage, you can easily upload and download multiple files at once. You can also transfer files from laptop to laptop via Google Drive.
Here are the pros and cons of transferring files from phone to laptop with Google Drive.
- Easy operation.
- Compatible with various devices.
- Up to 15 GB of free storage space.
- Ability to view different file types.
- Security risks.
- Need to buy more storage space.
- Finding individual documents is a pain.
- There is a daily file size restriction that you can upload.
Step 1. Install and enable the Google Drive app on your phone.
Step 2. Log in to your Google account. Click the "+" button located in the lower right corner. You will see a menu and click "Upload".
Step 3. Select the file you want to upload to the list and wait for the upload to complete. You may need to wait sometime if the upload file is large.
Step 4. On your laptop, go to the official Google Drive website, and log in with the same Google account. Then you can download the files you just uploaded.
Method 3. Transfer files via AirDroid
In addition to Google Drive, AirDroid is also a great option. AirDroid allows you to transfer files in all formats across all platforms. In addition to file transfers, you can also use your laptop keyboard to type on your phone with AirDriod. If your phone and laptop are in close proximity, you can transfer files without an Internet connection.If you are an Android user and want to know how to transfer files from Android phone to laptop wirelessly. This is a good way.
Here are the pros and cons of transferring files from phone to laptop via AriDroid.
- Easy connection to multiple devices.
- Easy to use.
- All personal information is safe and secure.
- The user interface is a little complex for beginners.
- The basic version is ad-supported.
Step 1. Download and install AirDroid on your phone and laptop.
Step 2. Open AireDrod on your phone and sign in to your account. If you do not already have an account, please sign up.
Step 3. When you first turn on AirDroid, you’ll be asked to allow it to access your phone’s storage. Tap “Allow” to allow it to access your phone’s storage. If you want to use any features on the Security & Remote Features menu, you just need to click to open the function you want to use.
Step 4. Once you’re back in the main menu, tap Transfer in the lower left corner and find the device you want to connect. Then click on the device to connect successfully. Then you may choose which files to transmit.
Method 4. Transfer files with E-mail
If you have some small files to transfer, you can also use the help of email. But you need to keep in mind that email services only allow small attachments, and most emails have an attachment limit of 25 MB.
Here are the pros and cons of transferring files from phone to laptop with E-mail.
- Easy to use.
- People are not required to be present to get the email.
- A message can be transmitted to a group of people in multiple copies.
- Only allow small attachments
- Security risks.
Step 1. First, please log in to your Email account on your mobile phone.
Step 2. Then start composing your email and fill in the sending address. Next, you should choose to add an attachment.
Step 3. Please select the files you want to transfer and then send this mail to your address.
Step 4. After the file has been successfully sent, log in to your email account on your laptop. You can log into the sender’s email account as well as the receiver’s email account. If you are logged into the sender’s account, please check your sent emails in the “Sent” list. From there you can download the files you transferred. If it’s the receiver’s account, the file is in the inbox.
Method 5. Transfer files through a chat app
When you facing the problem of how to transfer files from phone to laptop wireless, you can use this method. Transferring via chat also works for many file formats, and this method is considerably easy too. Various messaging apps like Slack, Skype, and WhatsApp also let you share documents and other multimedia files. The process is very simple, you just need to send files in chat from one device and receive them on another. You can also transfer files such as archives, PDF files, and other documents. Next, let's consider WhatsApp as an example.
Here are the pros and cons of transferring files from phone to laptop through a chat app.
- Easy to use
- Free to use
- Easy transfer files regardless of location
- Security risks
- Take up a lot of phone storage space
Step 1. Sign in to your account on your phone.
Step 2. Choose and submit the files you want to transfer.
Step 3. Log in to the same account on your laptop and download the file.
Bonus tip: 2 more file transfer methods available for iOS users
The above five methods can be used by all mobile phone users. You can easily master how to use them to transfer data and files from your iPhone to your laptopwirelessly. But if you’re an iOS user, you have the following two more optionsto transfer files between iPhone and laptop.
Method 1. Transfer files through iCloud
You can wirelessly transfer files or data to your laptop via iCloud. However, your device must be the same Apple ID and have enough storage space.
Here are the pros and cons of transferring files from phone to laptop through iCloud.
- Easy to use
- iCloud is free to get
- Simple access to your data.
- Be the same Apple ID
- Small storage space
- Security issues
Step 1. Find the settings on your iPhone and open it, select your name > “iCloud”.
Step 2. Select the items you want to sync and enable it.
Step 3. Launch iCloud on your laptop and enable the appropriate options to view these files.
Method 2. Transfer files using iTunes
The main purpose of iTunes is totransfer files between your laptop and compatible iPhoneor iPad apps. Transferring via iTunes requires the same WiFi connection or USB cable.
Here are the pros and cons of transferring files from phone to laptop using iTunes.
- Easy to use.
- Transfer app files between Devices and computers directly and easily.
- No quality loss.
- Works with both USB and wireless.
- Be the same Apple ID.
- You can import individual and multiple files, but cannot import folders.
- Not every app on the device supports the iTunes File Sharing feature.
Step 1. Install the latest release of iTunes
Step 2. Connecting your iPhone to your laptop with a USB cable. Click “Allow” on your iPhone to complete the connection.
Step 3. Launch iTunes on your laptop. Click the iPhone button and tap “Files Sharing”. Choose the files you wish to transfer and press the "Save" button.
Step 4. Choose the location where you want to save the file and then click “Save” to begin transferring the file.
AnyViewer: Best free computer-to-computer file transfer tool
After reading this article, I don't know if it helps you. How to transfer files from phone to laptop wirelessly is a relatively simple matter. After solving this problem, you may also want to know how to transfer files between two laptops for free. Here we recommend you use the professional file transfer software AnyViewer. It lets you transfer files of all sizes in multiple ways. It makes files transfer between laptops faster and more efficient.
Install AnyViewer on your devices and start transferring files with AnyViewer.
Step 1. Download, install, and launch AnyViewer on both laptops. Go to "Log in" on one of the laptops and click "Sign up" (if you have previously joined up on its official website, you can log in immediately).
Step 2. Complete the registration form information.
Step 3. On the other laptop, log in to the same account. The assigned devices will then be visible.
Step 4. Click the “Device”, select the device you want to transfer files to, and then click “File transfer”.
Step 5. Then you can see the File Transfer window. The local PC is displayed on the left and the remote PC is shown on the right. Select the files you want to transfer and click the right arrow, and vice versa.
You can also transfer files by sending a request to a partner when your devices are logged into different accounts.
- If you want to transfer large files at higher and faster speeds or want to transfer hundreds of files at once, it is recommended to upgrade to a Professional or Enterprise account.
AnyViewer is an all-round tool
AnyVieweris more than a file transfer tool. In addition to its file transfer capabilities, AnyViewer is one of the leading remote desktop software on the market. It also offers a range of valuable features. Here is a look at some of its other features.
- Mobile support: AnyViewer mobile is compatible with iOS and Android devices, allowing users to control access to a remote desktop from their smartphone or tablets.
- Multi-session: By using AnyViewer, you can open two remote sessions at the same time for efficient multitasking and seamless switching between different desktops. You can upgrade your account to a Professional or Enterprise subscription if you want to control more computers at the same time. This is something that many other third-party platforms can’t do. Most third-party platforms only support opening a remote session.
- Instant chat: During remote sessions, AnyViewer also enables real-time text chat conversations facilitating real-time collaboration and support between users. This enables you to more efficiently and quickly solve your needs and problems that you may encounter during your remote sessions.
- Remote management: AnyViewer also enables users to remotely manage unattended computers. This includes performing actions such as locking, rebooting, or shutting down the remote computers, thus providing convenience and control over the targeted device. This not only strengthens the security of your device but also protects your privacy.
- Privacy mode: AnyViewer Privacy mode allows users to block the mouse and keyboard of the controller from the recipient side, further protecting the data security of the host computer.
After reading this article you are now clear about how to transfer files from phone to laptop wirelessly. When you need to transfer files from phone to laptop wirelessly, you’ll find all the answers here. You can pick the method that suits you and meets your needs best.